Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Menu planning tip

About a month ago I was completely out of meal ideas and drawing a complete blank on what I know how to make. I was trapped in a rotation of the same 4-5 meals and really needed to break out of it. So I followed the advice of a friend and created a list of everything I know how to make, broken up into categories. Now when I am planning meals I can look at this list and choose a few oldies but goodies to add to the list of new recipes I want to try. It makes meal planning for the next week much quicker. Here's my current list that I am always adding to, let me know if you want the recipe for any of these that are not currently posted on my blog:

Asian: potstickers, stir fry, curry

Mexican: burrito pie, black bean casserole, fajitas, burritos, tacos, quesadillas, taco salad, chicken enchiladas, black bean and rice enchiladas.

Italian: baked ziti, lasagna, spaghetti, lemon spaghetti, ravioli/tortellini, chicken parmesan, pizza, balsamic chicken drummettes, lasagna rolls

American & Other Misc: cheeseburgers, parmesan dijon chicken, slow cooker pork chops, pot roast, french dips, turkey-swiss sandwiches, pancakes, chicken salad, grilled chicken salads, greek pitas, slow cooker bbq chicken

Soups/Stews: chili, potato soup, santa fe chili, chicken and dumplings

Side Dishes: broccoli casserole, quiche, pasta salad, fruit salad, twice baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, oven fries, salad, black beans

No comments: