Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Easy Italian

Mmm I love this dish! It takes less than 40 minutes including prep time and cook time. I served it over rotini with some garlic cheese rolls I threw together. This is an allrecipes.com recipe that I have tweaked to my liking.




Tomato Chicken Parmesan (made by Julia)


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 5 ounces seasoned bread crumbs
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1/2 pound pasta sauce
  • 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (Tonight I used a mix of mozzarella and provolone)

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Pour beaten eggs into a shallow dish or bowl. In another shallow dish or bowl, mix together the grated Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Dip chicken breasts into beaten egg, then into bread crumb mixture to coat.
  3. Pour half of tomato sauce into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Add chicken, then cover with remaining sauce and sprinkle cheese over each breast, then bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and chicken is no longer pink inside.

No comments: