Steak marinade (from allrecipes.com)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds beef rib eye steaks
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, onions, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and pepper. Add the steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes or until the meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees F; medium, 160 degrees F; well-done, 170 degrees F).
Loaded mashed potatoes (by Julia)
4 large russet potatoes, washed, peeled, cut up, boiled, then drained.
2 T butter
1/3 cup warm milk
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup diced green onions
salt and pepper to taste
Combine cooked potatoes with other ingredients in mixer, mix to desired consistency.