I was out of brown sugar but craving cookies with oatmeal in them and found this recipe for no-bake cookies on Amber's blog. So easy to make but beware, they are SERIOUSLY addictive. We got about 3 dozen cookies out of this recipe and they were gone faster than any cookies I've ever made before. I've posted the recipe here with the changes I made, I used chunky peanut butter and added some coconut, delish! Check out Amber's original recipe for other recommendations on add ins.
No Bake Cookies (from Amber's Delectable Delights)
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 cups quick cooking oats
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Line 2 large baking sheets with wax paper, parchment paper, or alum. foil and set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and cool 1 minute.
- Add peanut butter and stir until melted. Add oats, vanilla, peanuts and coconut (if desired) and mix well.
- Quickly drop mixture by heaping tablespoons onto lined cookie sheets.
- Place in refrigerator until set. Once set remove cookies from sheet and place in air tight container in a cool, dry place.