Tex Mex Black Bean Dip from allrecipes.com (can be eaten w/chips or used as enchilada filling)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mild picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Place black beans in a medium size mixing bowl, partially mash beans -- beans should remain a little chunky.
- In a medium size frying pan, heat oil over a medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic and saute for 4 minutes.
- Mix beans, corn, tomato, picante sauce, cumin, and chili powder into the frying pan; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove the pan from the heat, mix in cheese, cilantro and lime juice; stir until cheese is melted.
Black Bean Enchiladas
3 cups Tex Mex Black Bean Dip
5-8 large flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
1 can enchilada sauce
Spoon a rounded 1/2 cup of the black bean mixture down the center of each tortilla, top with some cheese. Fold sides over filling and roll up. Place in a 13x9 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover with enchilada sauce. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and cilantro (optional). Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.