Orange Cranberry Cakey Cookies (adapted from an allrecipes recipe)
- 1/2 cup white sugar for dough plus another 1/2 cup set aside for topping
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 egg
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dried cranberries for dough plus another 1/2 cup set aside for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets, or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the white sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Stir in the egg, orange juice, orange extract, and orange zest. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix into the orange mixture. Stir in the dried cranberries. Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop and shape each cookie, then roll it in white sugar and stick 3-4 dried cranberries on the top, place 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are starting to brown. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.