Blueberry Almond Cake w/Cream Cheese Frosting
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 cup blueberries (more for topping if you prefer, I just bought a pint and used the rest on top)
Cream cheese frosting (see recipe below or you can use the canned stuff)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8x8 baking pan.
2. In a large bowl combine butter and granulated sugar, beat until smooth. Beat in egg, sour cream, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined. Fold in almonds and 1 cup blueberries then pour into baking pan - spread evenly.
3. Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean. Allow to cool before frosting with cream cheese frosting and cutting into squares.
Cream Cheese Frosting from allrecipes.com
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Beat softened butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy.