Sunday, July 15, 2007

Breakfast Anytime

Well now that we are settled into our new place and I am officially unemployed it is time to try out some new recipes in between job applications! I had definitely gotten into a rut and now that I've been unable to cook/bake for the last month due to our vacation and the move and I am just itching to get in the kitchen.

Cheddar, Bacon, and Green Onion Scones



I saw these scones on Confections of a Foodie Bride's blog awhile back and bookmarked them (click the link to the see the recipe, adapted from the book The Pastry Queen by Rebecca Rather ). What a fantastic recipe! Only change I made was to use turkey bacon, it was still very flavorful. Tyler made banana pancakes to go along with the scones. Probably a mistake since the scones are SO filling. Pancakes were a bit much on top of that! Whoops! Too bad we don't know our new neighbors, otherwise I'd have them over to share all this food with us! I'm sure I will enjoy the leftovers tomorrow morning.

Banana Pancakes (made by Tyler, first thing of his we've posted in ages!)




Directions:
Mash 2 ripe bananas and mix in with pancake batter. Cook pancakes as usual. Enjoy!

Expect more posts from me this week, I will stay busy in the kitchen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite ways to make pancakes. Add some fresh grated nutmeg and ground cinnamon for extra flavor.

Grated apple and lemon yogurt (used as part of the liquid) is also a great combination

Kayte said...

those pancakes look sooo yummy!