Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pasta Night

Here's a quick vegetarian meal that Tyler really likes. I didn't make any major changes but I did toss in some chopped up asparagus that I sauted until tender. I garnished with some fresh parm, yummy.



Giada's Lemon Spaghetti (made by Julia)

1 pound spaghetti or angel hair pasta
2/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (I use the stuff from my spice rack and season to taste)

Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the oil, Parmesan, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend.

Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and the reserved cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.

No comments: